The Fitness Center is located in the hospital's northeast wing of the third floor and is available for use by all members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hours of Operation
The Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for members. Please call 337.462.7426 to schedule an appointment with our Fitness Center trainer; inquire about memberships or personal training; schedule a personal walk-through of the center or orientation; or ask any other questions. If no one is available to answer your call, please leave a message. Voicemails will be returned within 24 hours, if left on Monday through Thursday. Voicemails left on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be returned on Monday of the following week.
Enrollment and Membership Fees
- Monthly single membership (one adult, must be 18 or older)–$25.
- Monthly joint membership (two adults, same household, billing to one account)–$40.
- Monthly family membership (two adults, plus one youth [ages 12-17], may add additional youth for additional fee)–$50.
- Youth members between the ages of 12-15 years old must be supervised by a parent/legal guardian at all times.
- Additional youth for joint (one adult plus one youth) or family membership–$15.
- Corporate (corporation or business contract for their employees, waive initial fee)–$25.
- Basic Fitness Center orientation for new members–Free.
- Deluxe Fitness Center orientation, including health assessment and workout plan–$25.
- Individualized training sessions (30 minutes)–$25.
- Individualized training sessions (60 minutes)–$48.
- Personal training per session (assessment, health history, program development)–$40.
- Youth membership assessment-mandatory (assessment, health history, program development)–$40.
- Personalized Assessment
- Correct Technique
- Alleviate Burnout
- Achieve Fitness Goals
- Customized Programming
- Enhance Motivation
- Dynamic Programming
- Ongoing Education
Fitness Center Trainer
Jim Buxton is a Clinical Exercise Physiologist licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. Jim has been prescribing exercise for cardiovascular patients, otherwise healthy individuals and special populations for over 20 years. During that time, Jim has held membership and/or certifications from such organizations as the American Heart Association, American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association and Louisiana Association of Exercise Physiologists. While earning a bachelor's degree in exercise science from UL Lafayette, Jim spent several years training in competitive powerlifting and bodybuilding, earning titles on the state and national level. Jim is very knowledgeable on current trends in cardiovascular rehabilitation along with the numerous forms of strength and conditioning, and is proficient with Olympic lifting technique. When he is not working with cardiac patients in Rehabilitation Services, he can be found in the Fitness Center performing various operational responsibilities, individual and small group personal training sessions and assisting in boot camp instruction.