Beginning Friday, August 21st, Beauregard Health System will begin a revised limited visitation policy as follows:
Limited visitation allows:
- One dedicated caregiver/visitor for inpatients. (*With the exception of COVID patients).
- One dedicated parent/caregiver for pediatric or mentally disabled patients who cannot be left alone.
- One dedicated caregiver/visitor for surgery and same day surgery patients.
- One dedicated caregiver/visitor for ICU patients. (*With the exception of COVID patients).
- One dedicated caregiver/visitor for Emergency Department patients when, in the judgment of the ER staff, visitation is feasible. (*Considering ER census, emergency situations and patients with COVID symptoms).
- One dedicated family member for those where end of life care is being given, as directed by the medical and nursing staff. (*To include COVID patients).
- Two family members for Labor/Delivery patients. (*Family members will be allowed to rotate, but no more than two family members will be allow at a time).
Beauregard Health System recommends that visitors use virtual technology unless the patient identifies a preference for in person family or caregiver support.
- No visitors under age 15.
- No visitors in imaging, lab or physical therapy (with the exception of minors, mentally disabled patients or physically disabled patients).
- The cafeteria will be open for employees and patient visitors from 6:30am - 10:00am for breakfast and 11:00am - 1:30pm for lunch.
- The fitness center will be open for members from 6:00am – 7:00pm.
- Again, COVID patients are not allowed visitors (with the exception of end of life), but virtual visits are available.
Visitors must pass a screening assessment before entry, and will be required to provide and wear their own face mask during their entire visit.
Visitors may enter Beauregard Health System through the Emergency Department Entrance daily between 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. No visitors will be allowed entrance after 7:00 p.m.
*Oncology/Infusion patients will use the ‘Blue Entrance’ by the physician parking lot, and screening will be performed by the SDS nurse.
Beauregard Health System is following CDC-recommended protocols that may necessitate further changes to our visitation policy.